The developers recommend: Use with care! Possibly on resync, some minor or major parts (timezone, events, reminder, ...) can be lost.
- Backup: Make backups of your calendar. You can also make backups of previously installed apps and their user-data (rooted devices only).
- Warning: The snapshots are build and deployed automatically by our infrastructure. It's possible, that you install one, that no developer would ever recommend to install (data corruption, app won't start, ...). If it would be stable, we would upload this specific version, after testing of this specific build, to the market! Best way to look at it: Expect this versions to fail!
- Give Feedback: Please give feedback: The benefit of this snapshot-site and the deployment is pretty simple: We can not test all possible devices, iCalendars, Android versions, .... It's up to you, to help improve this app! Always think about, which information or data a developer needs to reconstruct your test-case. Please also take a look at the testing-page.
- Never(!!!) complain about data loss, corruption of your iCalendar, calendar app or anything else! You'd been warned and we do not recommend inexperienced users to install this snapshots!
- Read the warning section and check your backups are sufficient for complete restorage!
- Enable installation of apk-files in Android. For Android 4: Settings, Security, Unknown Sources (enabled).
- Download a snapshot:
- Test it.
- Write feedback to support AT icssync DOT com (even if nothing to report and it worked fine)!
- 2012-04-30: IceCreamSandwich release.
- 2012-04-27: Current version of api-14 (IceCreamSandwich) for the weekend is the release candidate. Please write reports about UI, sync, update installation. Release on Monday would be great (see tip above!)...
- 2012-04-26: bugfix: calculation of auto-sync intervals (both API-versions). Many refactorings. Fixes for Android 2.2 & 2.3 upgrades to Android 4.0 (please report your update experiences, with detailed version information).
- 2012-04-18: reworked db-update procedures (if ICSSync fails on update from snapshot to new snapshot: clear the data of ICSSync in the Android-settings), bugfix on local deletion
- 2012-04-17: Added calendar manager, UI-fixes, minor fixes
- 2012-04-16: Bugfixes (deletion of remote-edit events, removing reminders, ...)
- 2012-04-11: bugfixes
- 2012-04-10: first snapshot release